Both men and women experience changes in hormone levels with age. Sometimes those changes result in unpleasant symptoms that demand attention, while often, the changes are more subtle – yet there is still an impact on overall health.
At Pensacola Wellness we care about your health and finding the root of whatever issues you are experiencing, so we offer various hormone tests based solely on the needs of each patient.
Saliva testing is an easy and noninvasive way of assessing your hormone balancing needs, and is proving to be the most reliable medium for measuring hormone levels. This testing method allows patients to collect saliva at home at specific times, which is important for accurately measuring hormone levels.
Why do we test hormones in saliva? Steroid hormones in the bloodstream are 95-99% bound to carrier proteins, and in this form are unavailable to target tissues. Saliva testing measures the amount of hormones available to target tissues – the bioavailable amount. For this reason, saliva testing better relates to specific symptoms of excess or deficiency, and is a good option for monitoring hormone therapy. Unlike serum tests, saliva testing represents only the hormones actively delivered to receptors in the body. Clinically, it is far more relevant to test these bioavailable hormones and provide an accurate reflection of the body’s active hormone levels.
How do you know if Salivary hormone testing is right for you? Testing is applicable for:
● Men and women concerned with changing hormone levels as a result of aging
● Women experiencing PMS symptoms related to a hormonal imbalance
● Peri- and post-menopausal women concerned with their estradiol and progesterone levels for replacement considerations
● Those wishing to monitor their hormone levels following replacement therapy to regulate supplement levels
● Anyone with symptoms involving fatigue, insomnia, stress, immunity problems, blood sugar problems or an overweight body should be tested for cortisol levels as well as “sex” hormones
GDX | One Day Hormone Check™
GDX | Menopause Check Plus™
Labrix | Salivary Hormone Testing
ZRT Lab | Saliva Testing